10.12.2008

the return

Today was one of the most exciting days of my life.
I saw Ali Michael. I was feet away from Ali Michael. Yes, this Ali Michael:

Teen Vogue's Ali Michael. I kind of had a panic attack and had this giddy grin on my face for 20 minutes. Then I thought I saw Karlie Kloss from a distance (I was hopped up on model sightings, ok?) but it was a really well-dressed teenager walking around in very tall heels. I was impressed.

But anyways. (I still can't believe this. I never get this lucky.)

Finally returning into civilization! During this absence, I filled the time with some outfit photography.

These were from a couple of days ago, I used the lace tights and American Apparel socks as a base for every outfit except the first (no socks).

Guess who just discovered Picnik?


blazer: urban renewal, shirt: jcrew, shorts: uniqlo diy, tights: urban outfitters, boots: steve madden


Okay, so this is basically my favorite dress in the universe. It was my sister's when she was about 7 or 8, so that explains the extremely tiny length on me. I discovered it again a few months ago and fell immediately in love.

dress: ruby pearl from big red sun in austin, cardigan: label-less, blazer: urban renewal, tights: urban outfitters, socks: american apparel, shoes: vittadini (used to be grandmother's-she gave them to me as well as a barely worn pair of Salvatore Ferragamo flats)


I bought this Juicy Couture dress during one of the Juicy phases. Didn't we all have one? It was way too big on me at the time, and still kind of is. I never wore it, and I decided to winterize/toughen it a bit so I could actually wear it.

top: wallace, dress: juicy couture, belt: dad's, tights: urban outfitters, socks: american apparel


Nothing too exciting.

shirt: american apparel, skirt: made by me, tights: urban outfitters, socks: american apparel





I haven't really worn either of my American Apparel tulip skirts, and I liked the look of it with the lace.

top: wallace, skirts: american apparel & made by me, tights: urban outfitters, socks: american apparel

From a few days ago:



I tried on the layered skirt-dress that I put in a previous post. I put it with an ancient vest I bought two summers ago, a blazer, and the lame leggings, which I didn't really like with the dress. What do you think?

vest: jesa&jonnie, blazer: urban renewal, leggings: american apparel


blazer: urban renewal, shirt: dad's, leggings: american apparel

xoxo
fashionista

7 comments:

  1. I love the last look with the urban renewal blazer and the men' shirt! It's truly menswear inspired but still feminine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blazer!! is it black or navy blue..? i wonder if they have it online.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the look with your sister's dress! very very cute.
    and omg (excuse my abbreviation) about Ali Michael! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the tights w/ the tulipc skirt, and with your diy pink skirt

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely outfits. I like the tights.

    BUT WHY DIDNT YOU MAKE HER SIGN AN AUTOGRAPH OUT TO THE STYLISH WANDERER?!?! THEN YOU COULD HAVE GIVEN IT TO ME!!!!!

    ok calming down now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love those tights! i need to visit uo and get myself a pair. and how lucky of you to see her! i saw luongo once and i was speechless, my friend was so mad at me since she loves him and i didnt even say hello :P

    ReplyDelete