8.05.2008

wwoo

Yes, I'm a little late, but I really love this week's outfits, I hope you do too!

Monday:



I'm really loving the idea of mixing prints lately, I've been wanting to try it all the time. The cardigan here is so cute and you could wear it so many different ways and make it a lot of different styles. I fell in love with the skirt the second I saw it, the colors are so girly and fun. To balance out all of the pinks and reds, go with a simple shoe in a simple color, like beige. 

Cardigan- Urban Outfitters, Tank top- Topshop, Skirt- Marc by Marc Jacobs, Shoes- Topshop

Tuesday:

 

This outfit is definitely one of my favorites this week. The top is lovely, the sheer pink is about as girly as you can get. The idea was taking something that was so undeniably feminine and giving it an edge. Putting it with the skinny gray jeans starts off that edgy look. Add a chain necklace and gold stud earrings for accessories and finish it off with Lanvin patent studded gladiators that I really, really want...

Top- Miu Miu, Jeans- Sass & Bide, Earrings & Necklace- Barneys Co-Op, Shoes- Lanvin

Wednesday:



I love the strapless-dress-under-t-shirt look, so that's what I did here. The dress is actually called a prom dress, but it can easily be worn during the daytime. I love the floral print in every color in the rainbow. Put more color in it with the color block belt. Again, with so much color, keep the rest simple- a white t-shirt and tan shoes. 

Dress- Topshop, Shirt- Splendid, Belt- Topshop, Shoes- Marc Jacobs

Thursday:




With all of these bright outfits, you need a little bit of neutrals in there. This outfit is more toned down but still has a lot of interest. The top is so versatile, you can wear it day or night. The shorts look so comfortable, perfect for just relaxing. Break up the all brown palette with a white bangle, gray shoes, and an essential metallic bag. 

Top- 12th Street by Cynthia Vincent, Shorts- Vince, Bracelet & Shoes- Urban Outfitters, Bag- Marni 

Friday:



And we return back to the explosion of color. There's not a piece in this outfit that's not a bright, in-your-face color, but it all somehow works. 

Cardigan- American Apparel, Jeans- Elsom, Shoes- Frye, Ring- Urban Outfitters

Saturday:



A laid-back, Kate Moss-inspired outfit. This has more mixed prints and is a perfect outfit for a relaxed day out. I love the slouchy sweater vest over the striped shirt, I think it's definitely something Ms. Moss would wear...add charcoal-colored cigarette leg jeans, Kate's signature scarf, and navy boots, and you're done.

Vest- American Apparel, Shirt- Vince, Jeans- J Brand, Scarf & Boots, Urban Outfitters

Sunday:


From menswear to prim, proper, and preppy. To go along with the schoolgirl preppy feel of the cardigan, I added a pure white pleated skirt and dusty pink Mary Janes. A string of pearls is a classic accessory, but the black bracelet breaks up the pale colors. 

Sweater- 3.1 Phillip Lim, Skirt- Miu Miu, Shoes, Necklace & Bracelet- J.Crew

xoxo
fashionista

4 comments:

  1. those outfits are very cute!

    please visit my blog & comment!
    http://la-couturier.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!, i dont like the skirt in the sunday look!, looks like cheerleader!, but the sweater is georgeous!!. Come to visit my blog, www.colgandoenmicloset.blogspot

    kisses!

    ReplyDelete